Sunday 3 January 2016

Teachers and teaching




There’s nothing wrong with most teachers. And there’s nothing wrong with most teaching pedagogies. (MOST of them, I say.)


But when it comes to languages, avoid both. Maybe not as much as you would The Plague, but avoid them nonetheless.



Teachers/teaching and languages don’t mix. Sorry. They’re like oil and water. 


Why do I say that?



Because no one ever learned a language from a teacher.



It’s true. No one in the history of the world ever learned a language thanks to being taught. They learned it themselves! 

Look, a teacher can help, get you started, maybe motivate you a little, but you are the one who puts in the hours!



At a pinch, you might consider a coach. But make sure that you have an equal say as he or she. (I used to be a teacher, so I know what I'm talking about.)

No comments:

Post a Comment