Sunday 16 September 2018

Introducing David Snopek, and what I got from him

I first got to know about David Snopek through his blog. I'm not sure whether it is still active, as its last post is dated March 2014. No matter - I'll just recount how and where I heard of him, and what that he had to say, or write, I found useful.

I was in Japan, I believe. And although I wasn't interested in learning Polish at the time (I'm more interested now) his free ebook of general principles intrigued me.

David was the first person I'd come across to use real material to pick up a language. Specifically, he used Harry Potter. David went into some detail explaining how to work though Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - or maybe the sorcerer's stone -  word for word, sentence by sentence, page by page.

I loved that idea. And I discovered that I could pick up Japanese copies of the series for peanuts.




No comments:

Post a Comment