Monday 4 July 2016

Language mix-ing it up

So yesterday I cycle down to the local Mac after tea with my 6-year old. We've lights for getting back in the dark. I order a small latte and she's satisfied with milk.

Anyway, at one stage I've got Harry Potter going in German--both audio and text. Following along nicely understanding most of it. For fun I open the Norwegian audiobook. Listen to it while using the German e-book to read. It's a blast!


The languages that I choose to do are to a large extent going to be determined by what resources are available. There's a lot of Polish and Swedish out there (torrents) not to mention Dutch and and a few others.

Next time I'll work out my initial starting points for the languages I've looked at so far. For example:
  • Dutch: can understand 75%, can guess the other 25%
  • German: understand 50%, guess another 25%
  • Swedish: understand 15% guess 25%
  • Norwegian: understand 10% guess 20%

No comments:

Post a Comment