Monday 4 July 2016

Do what you do do well, boy!

Click to listen

Do in your second language what you do in your first

What do you do with your first language? Do you like to chat, read the newspaper, listen to the lyrics of sings, watch action movies, read self-improvement literature, keep a diary, surf the Internet?

Whatever you enjoy doing,  it’s a fair bet that you’d enjoying doing the same sort of thing in the language that you wish to learn.

By the same token, if there’s something you dislike doing in your own language then it’s a recipe for disaster to try to do that type of activity to learn another language.

Stands to reason, doesn’t it?

Me, I’ve always enjoyed reading, including children’s books, biographies, comics. I don’t like TV as a medium. I surf the web a lot. I don’t like to engage in conversation. Knowing this gives me a good idea about what to try to learn another language.

No comments:

Post a Comment