Sunday 3 January 2016

Linguistic micro-climate




Another idea that I came up, and that may have been independently discovered, is what I call a Private XXX World (insert your target language).

Kato Lomb has previously written about "a personal linguistic micro-climate". I would need to read up to find out exactly what she means.


Anyway, what I mean is to set up situations in your environment that make it automatic that you are exposed to your target language throughout the day. 
That is, you normalize yourself to the idea of having it around. 

Pages pinned on the wall, DVDs in your language right next to the player, music in your chosen language that you choose to have loaded in your whatever device, your home page on the computer set up to easily link you up to various foreign language sites.


That’s the sort of thing I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment